Collecting, using and sharing your information
This explains how and why we acquire and use your personal information in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We take the privacy of your information seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared withIn this document, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Prestige Asset Finance Limited and Prestige Pawnbrokers.We won’t disclose your information to anyone, other than as set out in this privacy notice and in any product terms which apply to your account.
Collection of customer information. We may collect information about you:
- as part of your loan application and for the purposes of managing your loan agreement
- obtain from you or from you or third parties, such as relative to car and log book loans DVLA (who may search the Electoral Register), fraud prevention agencies or other organisations when you apply for an account
- from public records and from third parties with your consent (for example a credit broker)
- this includes your name, address, date of birth, contact details, employment information and your agreement history
- we make and keep copies of identification evidence you provide.We use your information to:
- make credit decisions about you
- communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post using the contact details you have provided
- manage your account
- prevent fraud and money laundering
- meet compliance obligations
- make collections and trace you if necessaryWe may use your data for the above purposes to fulfil our legitimate interest of managing our legal agreement with you and where otherwise required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and where permitted by the GDPR. If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will not be able to transact with you.To ensure we carry out your instructions accurately, to help us improve our services and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your communications with us, such as telephone calls.
In the interests of security and preventing crime we may use closed circuit TV in and around our premises for the monitoring and collection of visual images. All recordings remain our sole property.Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
Although we normally do no not carry out credit checks under some circumstances when you apply for a product or service you confirm that all the information you have given is true and complete. When you apply for a product or service you authorise us to check the following records about you and others (see below);
- Our own;
- Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We may share your information with:
- third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which provide services for us
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by lawWe store your information:
- within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- if we transfer data outside the EEA we will ensure that before we do so, there is adequateprotection in place to ensure the security of your dataWe keep your information:
• for as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law
You have the right to:
- access the information we hold about you
- ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
- ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information
- receive your information in a format that suits you
- transfer your information to a third partyYour Privacy when using www.prestigepawnbrokers.co.ukWhen you or someone visits our site, we collect and analyse standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We use this information to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, so we can continually improve the user experience. The way in which this data is collected means it is not personally identifiable. Also, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.We will not associate or share any data gathered from visiting our site with any with any third- party sources. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website such as a contact form, this will be obvious and will require you to press a submit button. Cookies usage on www.prestigepawnbrokers.co.uk
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used on many websites in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The below table explains the cookies we use and what they do:
_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions.These cookies are used to store information,
such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.
Most internet web browsers allow some control or complete blocking of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Purchases through our Online Store
Compliance with Data Protection Laws. With regard to any personal data processed by PayPal and the merchant in connection with this Agreement, PayPal and the merchant will respectively each be a controller in respect of such processing. PayPal and the merchant agree to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Laws applicable to controllers in respect of the provision of their respective services and otherwise in connection with this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, PayPal and the merchant each have their own, independently determined privacy policies, notices and procedures for the personal data they hold and are each a data controller (and not joint data controllers). In complying with the Data Protection Laws, PayPal and the merchant shall, without limitation:
- implement and maintain at all times all appropriate security measures in relation to the processing of personal data;
- maintain a record of all processing activities carried out under this Agreement; and
- not knowingly do anything or permit anything to be done which might lead to a breach by the other party of the Data Protection Laws.
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customise site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
To pursue and conclude sales contracts with merchants via our Trusted Checkout service you must first have a user account. The following data must also be provided, without exception:
- Your first and last name
- Your address (street, post code, city/town, country)
- Your phone number
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- To check and identify the contract partner of the merchant
- To facilitate the conclusion, structuring and execution of purchase contracts, and
- to contact you as necessary for with any questions.
When you place a purchase inquiry with a merchant or conclude a purchase agreement with that merchant, we transfer your personal data to the merchant for the purposes outlined above.
Your data as specified above is processed upon your placement of an inquiry for the purposes outlined above and is required for use of the platform in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 item b of the GDPR, and thus required for fulfilment of the contract and of pre-contractual actions.